Staff Working Areas- An overview
COURSE AND PIT SETUP
Preparing the course and pit areas. Setting up flags, laying out pit area and Registration trailer setup. Scrutineering and Impound setup. (1 week to several day prior to opening).
- Front Gate
- Getting AMA Liability form signed, Processing Entry Gate Fee(s), Issuing Wrist Bands, Issuing Vehicle Dash Passes, Issuing passes held at gate (sponsor/ guest/ press), Cash Handling.
- Registering Pre- Entered Entrants, Entering Walk-In Entrants and Run Watcha Brung Entrants, Issuing all Tech Forms, Data Entry for all entrants, Cash Handling.
- Merchandise Sales
- Sale of Merchandise, Cash Handling.
- Radio Announcing
- FM radio broadcasting. Calling out Rider details, reporting on speeds and event happening during the week.
Scrutineering– Motorcycle technical knowledge REQUIRED. All Scrutineers subject to AMA approval.
- Inspecting each vehicle to ensure it meets all regulations. Confirming prize money eligibility. Supervising the preparation of engines to be measured by the FIM/AMA official.
- Supervision of vehicles making record runs.
Course– Excellent Communication skills REQUIRED.
- Holding bike in pre-staging area(s), check bike at before release to starting line, releasing to starting area, maintaining waiting list.
- General Check of Bike at starting line, Announce bike number to Timers, Check Scrutineering, and helmet stickers, Receive confirmation from track controller that track is clear, Give the official ok to run, Notify all when rider has left starting line.
- Keeping an eye on the track for potential problems.